We appreciate it can be a stressful time for families waiting to hear if your child has received a place at our school. In 2014–2015 the school was oversubscribed, receiving 62 applications for 30 places. When applications exceed available places, we always give priority to Catholic applicants that cover the criteria listed below.
Before reading our criteria checklist, we suggest you visit our glossary page, which explains terms such as 'looked-after', 'sibling', 'Catholic', or 'Catechumen' in detail.
- Catholic looked-after children and Catholic children who have been adopted (or made subject to residence orders or special guardianship orders) immediately after having been looked after.
- Baptised Catholic children, from practising Catholic families, who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Baptised Catholic children from practising Catholic families who are resident in the Parish of St Peter and St Paul Clerkenwell.
- Baptised Catholic children from practising Catholic families who are resident in the parish of St Joseph’s Bunhill Row and St Mary Moorfields.
- Other baptised Catholics.
- Other looked-after children and children who have been adopted (or made subject to residence orders or special guardianship orders) immediately after having been looked after.
- Catechumens and members of an Eastern Christian Church.
- Christians of other denominations whose application is supported by their Minister of Religion.
- Children of other faiths whose application is supported by their Religious Leader.
- Any other children
Exceptions to the Rule
In exceptionals cases, the Governing Body can give priority to an application for a 'looked-after child' (see glossary) where compelling evidence is provided by an appropriate professional (such as a doctor, priest or social worker) in support of an exceptional social, medical, pastoral or other need of the child, which can only be met at our school. Where the final place is offered to a child who has other siblings applying for a place in the same school year, these siblings can also be admitted.